Supporting charity is a core purpose for City of London Livery Companies, including the Lightmongers, and we ask our Members to be as generous as they can be in supporting the Lightmongers Charitable Trust through:
- Making annual donations to the Trust and the causes it supports
- Participating in charity fund-raising events during each year.
Members should contact the Clerk (email@example.com) to set up a standing order to make their annual donation to the Lightmongers Charitable Trust and ensure it is gift-aided where applicable.
The Charitable Trust is organised as a separate legal entity, registered with the Charity Commissioners (Charity number 1153557) and focuses it’s giving each year to the following causes:
- Charities dealing with sensory impairments of sight and/or hearing, where good lighting can be very beneficial.
- City of London charitable causes, including the annual Lord Mayor’s Appeal and our affiliated organisations.
- Education grants – click here for more details.
The Trust is managed by a Board of Trustees, who are all Liverymen of the Company who serve for periods of 3 years or 6 years. The current Trustees are:
Past Master Rod Bennion
Liveryman Tony Ginman
Past Master Barbara Harding
Past Master John Harding
Liveryman Peter McVeigh
Past Master Mike Simpson
Past Master Steve Thomas (Chair)
Click here for fuller details of the Lightmongers Charitable Trust, including information on its governance and how the Trustees manage the funds.