Supporting charity is a serious business for Livery Companies, including the Lightmongers, and we ask our Members to be as generous as they can be in supporting the Lightmongers Charity Trust Fund through:
- Financial contributions to the Trust fund and the causes it supports
- Participation in fund-raising events during each year.
Members should contact the Clerk (firstname.lastname@example.org) to set up a standing order to make their annual donation to the Lightmongers Charity Trust Fund and ensure it is gift-aided where applicable.
The Charity Trust fund is organized as a separate legal entity, registered with the Charity Commissioners and focuses it’s giving each year to the following causes:
- Charities dealing with sensory impairments, in particular sight and hearing.
- City of London charitable causes including the annual Lord Mayor’s Appeal
- Education grants – click here for more details.
Senior Wardens Reception – raises £300 for the Charitable Trust – click here for more details.
Mary Hare School for Deaf Children – grand re-opening of swimming pool – click here for more details.
The Master visits Treloars School – click here for more details.
The current Trustees, who are all Liverymen of the Company, are:
Roger Rawson (Treasurer)
Eddie Taylor (Chair)
Click here for fuller details of the Lightmongers Charity Trust, including information on its governance and how the Trustees manage the funds.